Samhain 2013 Event ChannelsEdit
Check the #halloween channel for event related talk and meet ups for Super Jack.
Please use /chat join #halloween to join the event channel.
You can set yourself up to automatically join Halloween - and any other channel or channels you want to join.
- Find your Secret World folder. Mine is at E:\Program Files (x86)\Funcom\The Secret World. Another common location is E:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\The Secret World.
- In your The Secret World folder, there might already be a Scripts folder. If not, create it - and the capital S does matter. Open that folder.
- Inside Scripts, there may be a file called auto-login. It has no suffix, and should not have one. (Not even .txt.) If not, create it in Notepad or any other program that will save files in .txt format. Open that file.
- Put the following into the auto-login file:
delay 5000 /chat join #halloween
- If the file already existed, just put those lines in at the end.
- Click Alt-V while inside the Scripts folder. You should see a new toolbar appear.
- Open the Tools menu in the new toolbar, and select Folder Options.
- Select View.
- In Advanced Settings, deselect Hide extensions for known file types.
- Your auto-login file might have a .txt extension appear. If it does, right click on it and select Rename. Remove the .txt. Windows will complain, but tell it you know what you're doing. :)
- Click Alt-V again to remove the extra toolbar.
Check out the forum thread at the Funcom Secret World community forums.